Books :: How to Win
- How to Win at College: Surprising Secrets for Success from the Country's Top Students.
- (Broadway Books, April 2005)
- 298 Pages
- ISBN: 978-0-7679-1787-2
- Buy the book >>
The only guide to getting ahead once you've gotten in -- proven strategies for making the most of your college years, based on winning secrets from the country's most successful students
What does it take to be a standout student? How can you make the most of your college years -- graduate with honors, choose exciting activities, build a head-turning resume, and gain access to the best post-college opportunities? Based on interviews with star students at universities nationwide, from Harvard to the University of Arizona, How to Win at College presents seventy-five simple rules that will rocket you to the top of the class. These college-tested -- and often surprising -- strategies include:
- Don't do all your reading
- Drop classes every term
- Become a club president
- Care about your grades, Ignore your GPA
- Never pull an all-nighter
- Take three days to write a paper
- Always be working on a "grand project"
- Do one thing better than anyone else you know
Proving that success has little to do with being a genius workaholic, and everything to do with having the right gameplan, How to Win at College is the must-have guide for making the most of these four important years -- and getting an edge on life after graduation.