Study Hacks Blog

Why You Should Pre-Order Digital Minimalism

January 12th, 2019 · 39 comments
A copy of my new book, hot off the presses, on the custom-built minimalist library table I use to find focus in an otherwise noisy world.

My new book, Digital Minimalism, which comes out on February 5th, is available for pre-order.

If you live in the US, you can pre-order from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or a local bookstore (as well as many other retailers).

If you live in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, India or Africa, you can pre-order the UK edition at Amazon UK. (The book is also being translated into over a dozen different languages, but these will come later.)

For multiple reasons, pre-orders are much more useful than normal sales, so if you were already thinking about buying my new book, I want to humbly nudge toward considering a pre-order, and if you already pre-ordered, I want to underscore my gratitude.

To demonstrate my sincere thanks to those who take the time to help my book in this manner, I’ve put together the following incentive packages:

If you pre-order 1 copy of the book before February 5th, you’ll receive:

If you pre-order 2+ copies of the book (one for you and one for a friend) before February 5th, you’ll receive:

• All of the above bonuses.
  • Access to the private Digital Minimalist Book Club. For one month after the book releases in February, I’ll be be posting a weekly private video for book club members where I answer their questions about the book (or any related topics), submitted through a special email address provided only to book club members.
  • Claim your 2+ copy bonuses here…

TO ACCESS THE BONUSES:

• Pre-order Digital Minimalism from any retailer and in any format. If you have already pre-ordered (thank you!), you just need to find your invoice number from the digital receipt.
  • Fill out THIS FORM with your invoice number(s) and contact details. (Note: If you ordered 2+ copies using multiple different orders, that’s no problem: the form can accept multiple invoice numbers.)
  • Gain immediate access to the bonuses. Once you’ve filled out the above form, links for downloading the bonuses will appear on the form’s confirmation page.  For those of you who order 2+ copies, you’ll also be provided the special email address for submitting questions for the book club. The instructions for how to access the book club videos will then be emailed to you in February.

39 thoughts on “Why You Should Pre-Order Digital Minimalism

1. Bjarke says:

does this count for the audiobook version aswell?

1. bjarke says:

Never mind I read through it too quickly.

2. Mark A Miranda says:

I’ve had this book pre-ordered since September 1st 2018. I’ve never been excited for a book after reading Deep Work. Thank you so much Cal for the amazing content/advice!

3. Jacob says:

I am from Germany, can I order at German Amazon (the book is available as preoderthere, too) or has it to be the UK Amazon?

1. Meggy says:

Hi Jacob, I pre-ordered the book from German Amazon long time ago, so you can do it as well 🙂

1. tkoeck says:

German preorders at Amazon have been canceled a few weeks ago. Additionally there is no Kindle version available anymore. I won’t preorder the paperbook anyway.

Just wondering what’s going on.

4. Pavel says:

I live in Germany and the book is available at amazon.de, why is it necessary to order from Amazon UK?

Sorry I wasn’t clear about this, but you can order from Amazon.de (or whatever your local Amazon is) as well.

It gets a little confusing, but the version you see with the white cover is the UK/International version, while the yellow and white cover is the US version. The content is the same for both. My understanding is that you’ll get the UK/International version quicker as it’s not being shipped across the ocean.

5. *** says:

I pre-ordered about a month ago, from “Book Depository” – does that count? They’re not listed in the “other retailers” list but I believe they belong to Amazon.
    Can’t wait to read it!

I think that should be fine. Let me know, of course, if there’s any issues and we’ll get you sorted out.

1. *** says:

It worked, thanks 🙂

6. Pavel says:

Does buying from Amazon Germany also count?

1. Meggy says:

It worked for me, I got the bonus after ordering from German Amazon as well.

7. Anatolii says:

For those who live in Australia: it is available on amazon.com.au ($26.42 – hardcover)
    Although it is shipped from Amazon US. However, delivery is free with Amazon Prime on orders over $49

I find the white cover (with a broken USB data cable) more appealing than the yellow one.
    There is another one with an orange cover and dissolving smartphone (available on angusrobertson.com.au – $39.41 hardcover) – looking even better – typical Cal’s orange cover (as in both SGTCIY & Deep Work)

8. Adam says:

You have mentioned the book is being translated. Is polish one of the lucky languages?

Not yet. But in that region there will be Russian, Czech and German editions…

9. Grace says:

hi! I pre-ordered from Amazon Brasil! 🙂 It is cool to see that the book already has a global reach.
    Congratulations, Cal and study hackers.

10. FG says:

In The Digital Declutter Guide, page 1, there is what appears to be a line-break of the word “provides” in the middle of the line.

“Much like decluttering your house, this lifestyle experiment pro-vides a reset for your digital life by…”

11. Nice to see a new book from you!

Is it by design that we don’t see a Kindle version of this or will we see one soon?

1. How did you ass a profile photo ?

1. Correction : How did you add a photo to your profile?

12. Steven says:

Is there anywhere to pre-order in .epub format? I clicked around but could only find Kindle/Nook formats

13. Anna Petto says:

Does buying the hardback book plus the audio book count as buying 2 books? Thank you!

14. Akram Ahmad says:

– I see that Google Play also offers your upcoming book for “Pre-Order”… Will the goodies apply there as well? (I’m already sold on buying, Cal, you know me, so I’ll buy your stuff one way or another: I’ve been following and promoting your uncommonly sane and sensible thinking for years, and own every single book you’ve written to date!) 🙂 🙂
    – Do lemme (and other readers, too) know about Google Play. Would appreciate that…

15. Niklas says:

Unfortunately it seems like I can’t pre-order from the major book dealers in Sweden (it’s only possible to be put on a waiting list), would definitely do it otherwise as I’m really excited for the incentive packages.

16. Pre-ordered and shared with my colleagues (we’re very into getting maximum value from our time). Thanks so much for the extras! Much appreciated.

17. EA says:

Preordered! 🙂

18. Eric Casado says:

Hey Cal, and what happens if I want to pre-order it but I’m from South America, specifically Peru? Can you recommend me a web site to do so?

Thank you!

19. Andrew says:

I’m from Australia, would love to pre-order this!

Can I pre-order 1 Apple Books copy (using the Apple Books store) and 1 hard copy from Amazon Australia and claim the 2+ copy bonuses?

Thanks!

20. Andrew Pfeiffer says:

I’m from Australia, would love to pre-order this!

Can I pre-order 1 Apple Books copy (using the Apple Books store) and 1 hard copy from the Amazon Australia store and

That should work (let me know if it doesn’t)

1. Andrew Pfeiffer says:

Thanks! (And apologies for accidental double-post.)

Unfortunately, Apple Books doesn’t give me an invoice number or anything like that – which is annoying. See, e.g. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6849035.

Any ideas on how to overcome this situation, or will I need to pre-order using a different format?

Several people from Australia has asked me about trouble pre-ordering the book. If you’re in Australia, you need to pre-order from Amazon in Australia (amazon.com.au) instead of through Amazon UK. The same holds for India and South Africa: use the local version of Amazon to pre-order.

22. Islam El-Rougy says:

What’s the best method for pre-ordering in North Africa, especially Egypt?

23. Jessica Miller says:

Pre-ordered and already watched the video. As a professor myself, and mom of a college student, I have really appreciated your blog and books.

I would love to see a video on prioritizing. The tutorial shows us the way deadlines influence your workflow. But what besides deadlines determines what gets from your Workflowy on to your weekly list?

Thanks again for the pre-order bonuses. They are terrific!

24. Juan Luis says:

When it’s release in Spanish language?

25. Tim Greven says:

Hey Cal, I noticed your email on your contact page is down; emails are not getting through. Is that intentional?